• English
  • Eesti

Estonia: Mainor planning to build EUR 100 mln wind farm at Auvere

Estonian news - eteap January 3, 2017

Baltic News Services, 3rd of January, 2017

AS Vaivara Wind, a company majority owned by Mainor, is planning to build a wind farm of 32 turbines at Auvere in the territory of the Vaivara rural municipality in northeastern Estonia for an estimated 100 million euros.

Right now the environmental impact assessment procedure is under way and a public discussion of the assessment is due at the municipal government on Feb. 2, Raivo Pihlak, board member of AS Vaivara Wind, told BNS. “It all takes time, a year for sure,” he said.

The 81-megawatt wind farm is estimated to cost approximately 100 million euros. Pihlak said that even though manufacturers of wind turbines have cut prices compared with what they used to be two or three years ago, the indicative price of the wind farm is in the area of 100 million euros.

The wind turbines would be 150 meters high and approvals must be obtained to erect them. “It depends on the Ministry of Defense, approvals must be obtained also from the Police and Border Guard Board, the Civil Aviation Administration,” Pihlak said.

“Speaking of East-Viru County, where I too live, there are people who say that the number of jobs that wind farms will bring is not big. I wouldn’t say so, because it will make sure that big investments will be made in the region. Speaking of national defense, it has to be indeed, but the economy needs to get on its feet too,” he said.

AS Mainor holds 85 percent of the shares in AS Vaivara Wind and Raivo Pihlak the remaining 15 percent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

« »

nike factory outlet kobe 9 elite polo ralph lauren outlet online air max 90 pas cher polo ralph lauren pas cher fake nike shoes new basketball shoes tiffany free runs what the kobe 8 nike air mag big size jordans nba shoes