Wind Energy in Estonia
- As of 31.12.2013 there were 130 wind turbines installed in Estonia with a total capacity of 279,9 MW. You can find a table with a total installed capacity here.
- In the end of 2013 there were small-scale wind turbines (to 11 kW) with a total capacity of 173,20 kW connected to the Elektrilevi (main distribution grid operator in Estonia) grid. A record 13 small wind turbines were installed during the last year (128 kW).
Currently in the final stages of installation:
- Tamba wind farm (6 MW) in Pärnu county, two turbines;
- Mäli wind farm (12 MW) in Pärnu county, three wind turbines:
- Eleon’s wind turbine (3 MW) in Saaremaa island, Sõrve peninsula;
- Aburi wind turbine (1,8 MW) in Lääne-Viru county.
Wind power production in Estonia:
Wind power capacity built in Estonia: