Wind Energy in Estonia
- As of 31.12.2013 there are 130 wind turbines installed in Estonia with a total capacity of 285,9 MW. You can find a table with a total installed capacity here.
- Two wind parks were completed in 2013 with total capacity of 10,5 MW (Ojaküla wind park in Lääne-Viru county – 6,9 MW; Nasva II wind turbine in Saaremaa county – 3,6 MW).
- According to our data, wind turbines produced 515 GWh energy in 2013. 76% of this energy received renewable energy support.
- Currently two wind farms are under construction – Tamba (6 MW) and Mäli wind farm (12 MW) in Pärnu county. In addition, Eleon’s wind turbine (3 MW) in Saaremaa, Sõrve peninsula and Aburi wind turbine (1,8) in Lääne-Viru County are currently beeing installed.
- In 2012 wind energy production received support of 14.1 million euros, representing 22,5% of the total amount of renewable energy support paid by the consumers.
- 15 small wind turbines were added to Elektrilevi (main distribution grid operator) grid in year 2013 with a total capacity of 150,6 kW. Most of them were wind turbines with total capacity of 10 kilowatts.
Wind power capacity built in Estonia (MW):